Chocolate. A lot of chocolate. I love it, and these soft, crispy, chocolaty cookies are just what I need for a choco-fix. Jam packed with chocolate chips you can make these cookies large or small, or save the dough and make them on an as needed basis.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter*, softened 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 large egg 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda Scant 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more!) -Mini, milk or dark chocolate chips work too!
*my favorite butter to user for everything including for baking is Kerry Gold Irish butter
Preheat oven to 350° 1. Beat the butter and sugars together in the bowl of an electric mixer on high.
2. Lower speed and add egg and vanilla.
3. Sift together in a medium sized bowl the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Then add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low until fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
5. Form dough into 1 inch balls. (I like to use a melon baller, the kind that looks like a miniature ice cream scoop.) Place on a foil lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. For larger cookies use about 2 tblsp of dough.
6. Bake for about 12 minutes until centers are just set. Cool on wire rack.