Crockpot Apple Cider
I had a lot of apples! A lot. I made them into a pie, into apple chips, caramel apples and now cider! There are many recipes out there instructing how to make homemade apple cider. Some turn apple juice into a tasty spiced version. Some require fresh apples, cooked on the stove top. I knew I wanted to make a natural but somewhat easy recipe using my crock pot. Many of the crock pot apple cider recipes I came across required mulling spices. They can be purchased at the store but I wanted to make my cider with ingredients I had at home already.
Having apples and cinnamon slow cook for hours made my home smell ridiculously delicious. The resulting cider was super tasty and worth the wait.
4 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp cloves
1 cup brown sugar
Enough water to cover apples
1. Chop apples into chunks.
2. Place apples into crock pot along with cinnamon, cloves and brown sugar.
4. Put lid on and cook on high for 3 hours.
5. Stir, then turn down to low and cook an additional 4-6 hours.
6. During the last hour add orange, cut into fourths.
7. When cider is done strain through a strainer to separate the liquid from the spices and apple chunks.
Enjoy hot or cooled down.