Wholesome Vegan Gluten Free Waffles
This is a hearty and super easy breakfast option!
Wheat free, vegan, filling and most importantly tasty!
Also note, I added links to the exact products I used in this recipe . They aren't affiliate links, just the items I for real use in my home. Most of my dry good shopping I do online and I have found Thrive Market to be indispensable in saving me money on premium items that are organic, vegan, and wheat free.
If you're interested in trying Thrive yourself click this link and sign up to try it out. You'll save 25% off your first order using this link: http://thrv.me/EvnegU
1 cup fine almond flour
1 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 large mashed ripe banana
1 1/4 cup plant milk (I like cashew)
2 tbsp MCT coconut oil
1 tbsp pure organic maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
vegan butter (optional)
hemp seeds or chia seeds
fresh banana slices or berries
1. First pulse the rolled oats in a food processor until fine.
2. Then easy peasy... basically combine all the dry ingredients, the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and flax seed in one bowl, and all the wet ingredients in another, mashed banana, milk, oil, syrup and vanilla.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
4. Pour about a cup of batter onto an oiled preheated waffle iron and cook through according to settings on your appliance. Mine has an automatic timer and I make my waffles on the middle setting, turned up to 3.
5. Plate, add desired toppings, and serve!